Thursday, March 7, 2013

Further up and further in

I woke up in town today, to a gorgeous view of snow capped mountains. If you know me well, you know that one of my love languages is mountains. (That one was left out of the book, but its totally legit) I've been sitting here reading and writing for about an hour and I can't get over the sight. You'd think living in this part of the country would help that. Instead, it's just like God shouts I LOVE YOU every morning, then again when I walk out to lunch, after work, as I go to bed… The mountains are always there. It made me think of my favorite narnia quote, which I've probably put on here before, but its good so read it again and love it!

"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now. The reason why we loved the old Narnia is that it sometimes looked a little like this."

I know this is about heaven and not Oregon. But looking at Oregon makes me super excited for heaven. If these mountains render me speechless, I can only imagine what's in store!

No comments: