Sunday, April 6, 2014

#coleaderlove

One of the difficulties of living in Oregon, 2500 miles from Ohio, is that life is different here. Obvious statement, but let me explain. Life, not only in Oregon, but on property staff at a uniquely located property makes life very different than the one I was experiencing a mere 14 months ago. And despite visits from my family, which even included time in the kitchen, people don't fully understand life in the canyon. I can apologize for disappearing for the month of March, but until someone experiences the unending chaos that is march madness, it's inexplicable. And summer will soon be here; another inexplicable phenomenon that will make me disappear for months and everyone will graciously pretend to understand.

But what makes my heart happy, is that very soon I will have one of my best friends here at the Ranch. Not visiting and getting a three day snapshot of life, but moving here for four months. Experiencing the craziness of summer alongside me in the kitchen. And aside from the joy that will come with someone truly knowing my life, I'm just grateful to spend time with my friend. I feel as if we've been friends for so long, that I honestly couldn't tell you when he was placed. I could do the math based on his college years, but when I think of Finneytown and my time there, it goes hand in hand with Sean. Loving me. Encouraging me. Challenging me. Laughing at/with me. Getting off topic with me. Crying with me. Chasing after Christ and FT kids with me. I cannot imagine being in the trenches without him. And so it only makes sense that I would recruit him, in the same way a dear friend of mine did, to come be my seasonal hire. Because there's no one else I'd rather step into this summer with!

Here's to a summer of water slides and kitchen chaos with one of my best friends!!

No comments: